Minnesota School Boards Association Insurance TrustIn 1972, MSBA established the MSBA Insurance Trust (MSBAIT) as a nonprofit vehicle designed to provide insurance programs for its member districts.
An Overview of Programs
- Established in 1972; became self-insured program in 1986. Offers mandatory property and general liability coverage; optional automobile, crime, boiler machinery and excess liability coverage.
- Fully reinsured by several A and A+ rated reinsurance carriers to protect the Trust's financial integrity.
- Includes free on-site inspections and pays dividends depending on claims. The program has returned $12 million to members since its inception.
- Established in 1979. Includes free on-site inspections and pays dividends depending on claims. The program has returned $33 million in dividends, discounts and refunds to members since its inception.
- Participants get an MSBA loyalty discount of up to 6 percent off standard premiums.
- Offers optional coverage for school district volunteers.
Errors and Omissions
- Developed on request of members and became a group self-insured program in 1991 to save members money.
- Established in 1979.
- Features include a survivor's benefit at no extra cost, multi-year rate guarantees and higher maximums.
Group Term Life
- Initiated at members' request in 1982 for quality group term life coverage.
Security, Value, and Service
|Gregg Murray, Berkley Risk Administrators Co., LLC, 612-766-3304 or 800-449-7707, Property/Casualty, Errors and Omissions, Workers' Compensation and Volunteer Accident.
Rob Keller, Schools Insurance Fund, 952-941-7372 or 800-443-6011, Life and Long-Term Disability.
John Sylvester or Denise Drill, MSBA, 800-324-4459.
|Arlene Bush, Bloomington
Bill Leland, Albert Lea
Gary Lee, Fertile-Beltrami
Mike Wilson, Pierz
Roy Nelson, Red Lake
Kent Thiesse, Lake Crystal Wellcome Memorial
Keith Young, Eveleth-Gilbert
Robert Meeks, MSBA ex-officio