The Minnesota School Boards Association (MSBA) invites your charter school governing board to enroll as an MSBA Charter Associate. MSBA participants receive technical assistance, access to money-saving programs, board development programs, and much more (see below).
Your charter school can become a Charter Associate for an annual service fee.
CONTACT: Call Sandy Gundlach at 800-324-4459 or firstname.lastname@example.org to become a Charter Associate today. Click here for more information.
- Free telephone consultation and information: Have questions on board governance, personnel issues, or an upcoming training? MSBA’s staff can provide the answers.
- The Leader newsletter: Published bimonthly, this newsletter includes critical information for board members and school officials. School officials who regularly read this newsletter have a better understanding of how to properly manage and address the wide variety of issues they face each day.
- MSBA eClippings: Sent electronically Monday through Friday, this service includes Web links to education-related stories from the state’s daily and weekly newspapers.
- The MSBA Journal Magazine: Published bimonthly, MSBA’s official magazine contains editorial comments, feature stories about schools, and articles of current interest relating to education.
- Access to insurance services offered through the Minnesota School Boards Association Insurance Trust (MSBAIT). The MSBAIT Risk Protection Program offers Property/Casualty and Workers' Compensation coverage through a program developed and brokered Marsh & McLennan Agency, LLC. MSBAIT also endorses National Insurance Services for its Group Long-Term Disability and Group Term Life insurance plans for school employees. Nearly 30 charter schools are currently participating in a MSBAIT program.
- Access to investment options through the Minnesota School District Liquid Asset Fund Plus (MSDLAF+), a financial and cash management program designed for Minnesota schools.
- Subscription opportunities to Policy Services: Policy Services can help keep your school compliant with current law and allow access to all model policies from MSBA. Charter Associates can also purchase the Policy Manual Auditing Service, or MSBA’s Model Student Handbook.
- Board Development: MSBA is a Minnesota Department of Education-approved provider for charter school board member training in Board Governance, Financial Matters and Employment Matters.
- Additional training: You will also have access to other training events such as the MSBA Leadership Conference, Phase I (basics of boardsmanship), Phase II (finances), Phase III (building a high-performance board), Phase IV (community engagement), Summer Seminar, Officers’ Workshop, and several in-services.
- Access to endorsed programs such as: MSBA Playground Compliance Program (to help keep your students safe, healthy and fit), Minnesota Power Card (P-Card) Program (specialized credit cards for school employees), BoardBook (a program that allows your board to conduct paperless meetings) and much, much more.