House Education Finance Committee
1 p.m. Tuesday, March 6, 2018 | State Office Building, Room 5 (If necessary, committee will reconvene at 5 p.m. to complete the agenda.)
- Hearing on School Security and Safety
- Minnesota School Safety Center Overview and Presentation
- Nonpartisan Staff Overview — Current Statutory Provisions
- School Safety Panel: Minnesota School Boards Association (MSBA), Association of Metropolitan School Boards (AMSD), Minnesota Rural Education Association (MREA), Minnesota Association of School Administrators (MASA), Educators For Excellence (E4E), and Education Minnesota
Bill Pending Introduction and Referral:
- HF xxxx — Authorizing use of long-term facilities maintenance revenue program for school facility safety.
- HF 3167 — (Anselmo): Suicide prevention training for teachers funding provided, and money appropriated.
- HF 3320 — (Loon): School districts authorized to use long-term facilities maintenance revenue programs for physical modifications enhancing school facility safety, and money appropriated.