NOTE: New elections will be held in August 2019 to elect 2019-2020 Delegate Assembly members. Looks for an email message in your inbox next month.
The 2018 MSBA Delegate Assembly voted on school board-submitted legislative resolutions Saturday, December 1, 2018, at the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Minneapolis — Park Place. See how the Delegates voted on 22 resolutions.
- MSBA's Legislative Policies are adopted through what is recognized as one of the most grass-roots approaches of any of the interests represented at the state Capitol. School board members from throughout the state are elected for a two-year term by their peers to serve as delegates.
- Each December, delegates discuss and vote on various legislative resolutions submitted by school boards and individual school board members. Those resolutions that receive a majority vote, as well as positions adopted during previous years, become the basis for MSBA staff lobbying efforts on behalf of all public school board members in the state.
2018 LEGISLATIVE RESOLUTIONS: Access the 2018 Resolutions
DELEGATE ROSTER: 2018 Delegate Assembly roster (updated November 28, 2018) | List of school districts by MSBA Area/Director Districts
- MSBA reimburses delegates for necessary travel expenses, including meals, mileage at the IRS Rate, and Friday night’s lodging expense at the DoubleTree hotel (see second bullet point below).
- NOTE: For your hotel room, MSBA reimburses delegates up to $102 plus tax. Any amount over $102 plus tax will be the responsibility of you or your school district.
- Access the hotel reservation link below to book your room.
PRE-DELEGATE ASSEMBLY MEETINGS: View Pre-Delegate Assembly meeting options for November.